CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Join us for the 6th annual EarthFest Overpeck, a celebration of clean water and a healthy environment, brought to you through a partnership between Hackensack Riverkeeper and Bergen County Parks!
• Calling all Sponsors: Call Mike Panos at 201-968-0808 and arrange for your company to have a banner at EarthFest Overpeck and be included in all event promotions.
• Calling all Teams: Enter the Recycled Regatta, a race between boats made from recycled materials.
• Calling all Vendors: Green-themed vendors welcome and non-profit organizations table for free!
Interested in giving an environmental workshop or presentation? Call Lisa at 201-968-0808.
Highlights of the 6th annual EarthFest Overpeck celebration include:
• The Recycled Regatta
• Rain Barrel Workshop
• FREE Kayaking and Canoeing
• FREE Fishing Derby compliments of Ramsey Outdoor Stores and East Jersey Trout Unlimited.
• Live Music, including Blue Plate Special and Jamie the Dinosaur Troubador
• Children’s activities and entertainment, including a “Mad Scientist” show
• Wildlife presentation by NJ Batman Joe D’Angeli of The Wildlife Conservation and Education Center
• Birds of Prey presentation by Flat Rock Brook Nature Center.
• 50+ green and non-profit vendors
• Food trucks
SIGN UP HERE for a Rain Barrel Workshop, taking place at 2 pm!
At this workshop, experts Green Mojo EcoConsulting, LLC, will show you how to build, maintain, and accessorize your very own rain barrel. And, $10 from every barrel sold will be donated to Hackensack Riverkeeper! **Please be advised you will be taking the rain barrel home with you after the workshop. Barrels fit across the backseat of most sedans.
Rain barrels collect rain water from a roof source, like your home, garage or shed. The water collected can be stored and used to water your lawn, garden, indoor plants, clean tools, wash cars, wash clothes, replenish aquariums and pools. Benefits of harvesting rain water:
– Save money by using rain water
– Conserve drinking water
– Help reduce storm water runoff
– Reduce flooding & pollution
– Rain water is healthier for plants & vegetation
Race in The Recycled Regatta!
The Recycled Regatta, a race between homemade boats made from recycled matierals, kicks-off the event at Noon, down at Overpeck Park Kayak Center: 50 Fort Lee Rd. Leonia, NJ.
Download the rules and regulations, build your boat, and show us your stuff on May 19!
**Recycled Regatta and free kayaking to take place at Overpeck Park Kayak Center, near 50 Fort Lee Road, Leonia entrance. Festival takes place at the amphitheater: 40 Fort Lee Road, Leonia, NJ. Shuttles will be available from to/from all parking lots throughout the event.**